Autism Treatment: General Information
Please be aware that this page is not intended as medical advice. It is not a replacement for good medical diagnosis and treatment by a licensed physician or for care by certified health-care practitioners. Homeopathic treatment should always be pursued under the supervision of a licensed physician and a certified homeopath. (See Disclaimer)
Impossible Cure has become an important book for the autism community because it includes a chapter about the homeopathic cure of Amy Lansky's formerly-autistic son Max. Because many parents contact us to obtain information about the treatment of their autistic children, we have created this page to provide guidance and help. (Please note that Amy Lansky never treated autistic children herself, and closed her part-time homeopathic practice in January 2007.)
If you are interested in pursuing homeopathic treatment, we strongly advise that you begin by reading Impossible Cure. It will answer most of your questions and you will know exactly what to expect from homeopathic treatment.
Please do not try to treat your child yourself. Homeopathic treatment of autism is very challenging, even for the most experienced practitioner. To find referrals to practitioners, please see the referrals page on this site. This site also includes a page with links to other homeopathic resources.
Another important resource for parents is Amy Lansky's radio show, There's Hope with Homeopathy! This show airs on Autism One Radio the third Friday of each month at 2pm EST. A complete archive of the show can be found on this site and provides an excellent and free way to learn more about homeopathy.
An open yahoogroup has been formed for parents of special needs children interested in homeopathy. Participants also include homeopaths who treat autistic children. To join, visit: Homeopathy-And-SN@yahoogroups.
To keep abreast of the latest news about homeopathy, along with helpful tips about home self-treatment, subscribe to the ImpossibleCure.com newsletter.
Papers About Homeopathic Treatment of Autism:
For those interested in research studies about homeopathy and autism, here are several papers:
- Bravalia, Praval. Autism Spectrum Disorder: Holistic Homeopathy:Retrospective Study of 123 cases of Autism Treated with Classical Homeopathy. Homoeopathic Links, Spring 2011, Vol. 24: pp. 31-38. Dr. Bravalia's clinic in Mumbai is the Spandan Holistic Institute.
- Geórgia Regina Macedo de Menezes Fonseca, et al. "Effect of homeopathic medication on the cognitive and motor performance of autistic children (Pilot study)." International Journal of High Dilution Research, 2008; 7(23); 63-71.
This can also be found here: Effect of homeopathic medication on the cognitive and motor performance of autistic children (Pilot study)
- Frei, H. "Asperger’s Syndrome, A Case Study with Polarity Analysis." Homoeopathic Links, Spring 2011, Vol. 24: pp. 1–5.
- Sheffield, F. Homeopathy and the treatment of autism spectrum disorders (part two). Similia vol. 20 no. 1: pp. 11-30, June 2008.
- Sheffield, F. Homoeopathy and the treatment of autism spectrum disorders (part one). Simila, vol. 19: no. 2: pp. 9-41, December 2007.
- Dr. M.A. Rajalakshmi, Role of Homoeopathy in the Management of Autism: Study of Effects of Homoeopathic Treatment on the Autism Triad
- Dr. M.A. Rajalakshmi, New Dimensions in the Treatment of Autism with Homeopathy
Another excellent site with two very interesting papers about autism treatment (with cases) is www.homeopathy4autism.com.
Finally, the following site has pointers to the latest research papers on homeopathy in general:
Research in Homeopathy.
Homeopathy does have the ability to cure autism!
More and more people are stepping forward to let the world know about the homeopathic cure of their children. One wonderful site about the homeopathic cure of an autistic boy is www.recoveredfromautism.com. This family is one among many who have been guided by Impossible Cure in their journey. Another family finding success with classical homeopathy has developed the web site www.recoveringnicholas.com. A news item about a child in the process of homeopathic cure appeared in the press. More testimonials can be found in the Cure Stories Database on this site.
You can also see heartwarming clips of children recovering, thanks to homeopathy, on You Tube. If you search for "autism recovery homeopathy" you may find a few. In the meantime, here are two to check out:
Two films are also in the works about the treatment of autism using homeopathy. Please visit these sites and lend the filmmakers your financial support!
Help others by adding your voice!
Please remember to post your successful cure stories to the Cure Stories Data Base on this site. It doesn't have to be about autism, and it doesn't have to be a "complete" cure. Just let people know about the wonders that homeopathy has done for you. You story can help other children and their families by convincing parents to give homeopathy a try! Even a paragraph or two can do wonders. This is the most-viewed element of this site, so your contribution really does make a difference.
On the same subject, please join the fight to protect your access to homeopathy. Visit the Homeopathy Worked for Me campaign site and add your voice!